Coco coir is an ideal grow medium because it holds water exceptionally well while still promoting good drainage and aeration.
Holds 6X its weight in water.
Nutritionally, coco is also an excellent choice. Depending on the source, it is rich in potassium, iron, manganese, copper and zinc.
Cocopith promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria because of compounds called lignins. Not only will beneficial bacteria thrive when lignins are present, helping to minimize harmful bacteria, but if you add beneficial microbes to your hydroponic system, they will be optimized
Uses of Cocopith
Excellent growing medium for hydroponics and container plant growing
Advantages of using Cocopith:
- The properties of cocopith makes it resistant to bacterial and fungal growth
- Cocopith holds water rather than shedding it like traditional pith does! It holds 6 times its weight in water
- Cocopith has the ability to store and release nutrient to plants for extended periods of time. It also has great oxygenation properties which is very important for healthy root development
- It has a pH of 5.2-6.8 which is neutral to slightly acidic. This makes it great for alkaline garden soils
- Cocopith can even be reused for up to 4 years!
- It makes a great bedding material for worm bins! It’s actually good for them and increases worm growth by 25%
- Cocopith is very slow to disintegrate; it only begins to break down when it is 10 years old, long term benefits
- It is very light and easy to handle
Coconut Fibre | Coconut Pith | Husk | Coir Rope | Virgin Coconut Oil | Coconut Water | Coconut Powder
Get a Quote